Monday, August 26, 2013

PYEONGTAEK MARKET

     I alternately go to three grocery stores around Jinsari when ever I want to pass time but I never saw a public market around even once, so I made this weird request to my husband. I asked him to take me to the market where he usually buys all sorts of fresh meat that are hard to find in the groceries near our place.
     The market is only a 15-minute bus ride from Jinsari. We got off in front of the Pyeongtaek Station. After a short walk from AK Plaza, a mall at Pyeongtaek Station, we reached the public market. Cheap finds like sneakers, jeggings and jeans for around 7,000 to 10,000 lined the first alley we went to. Every alley offers different commodities as expected. We passed by an alley of cooked food, then to an alley of street foods like topokki. If Korean side dishes has grown a spot on your taste buds but doesn't have an idea how to prepare them, there's an area which sells side dishes that are ready-to-eat. Name every kind of kimchi you know and you'll get it from there.
     The market is small but is so clean even the seafood area. They sell fresh and dried fishes . I didn't recognize a single species in there even the fresh ones. Seeing the mountains of dried fish was like seeing the daings in Taboan Market in Cebu City, Philippines.
     We didn't buy a single thing in the market but my curiosity was satisfied now that I know how to get there and how it looks like.


Clean Pyeongtaek Market at night

Ready-to-eat Korean side dishes


Dried fish and seaweeds


Mountains of dried fish

No comments:

Post a Comment