Monday, July 15, 2013

LOTTE WORLD AND MY FIRST LOTZ BURGER

     Far from my regular nine-hours-a-day job back home, all I do in Pyeongtaek is cook, keep myself full, check my social network accounts, take a walk, keep the apartment tidy, do the laundry and wait for my husband to get home. Fearing that I'd get bored, he promised to take me around South Korea on weekends. I was ecstatic!
    Our first stop, Lotte World. A huge indoor and outdoor amusement park with restaurants, hotel, mall, cinema and folk museum. We took the subway to Jamsil Station which connects directly to the famous indoor amusement park through a tunnel.
The fancy walk towards the park made me forget I was hungry. These fountains attract a lot of local and foreign tourists. The replica of Trevia Fountain in Rome surprised me of its detail and its being undergound, while the fountain with dancing Laser mesmerized kids and adults alike. Lotty and Lorry are, of course, there to smile at everyone.

     Cute portraits of other Lotte World mascots in their funny expressions are everywhere. They will lead you to the diners and ticket booth. As for us, Donkey Digger led us to Lotteria and reminded me that I need to grab some snacks before we hit the park. So we had the famous Lotz Burger, Fries, soda and coffee. I know that the soda and hot chocolate combo is weird and funny but we didn't know how to say how to change our soda to hot chocolate like we do in Manila. So we had no choice. We paid 11,400 KRW for the Lotz Burger meal and 4,000 KRW for the chocolates. Still very affordable!
Subway tickets and Admission tickets to Lotte World

     It's now time to ransack the park, so we purchased our tickets. We bought the nighttime admission tickets since it's already late in the afternoon for 21,000 Won each. These are good after 4pm. Daytime   pass   is   worth 
40,000 KRW each which are good from 9:30am to 11pm.
     Cultural dancers in their colorful traditional Korean attire and drums caught the guests attention as we entered the amusement park followed by wonderful stage performances by the park actors. 
Cultural dance is about to start
Broadway-like stage performance
     Lotte World is not the biggest indoor amusement park for nothing. There are small islands in the adventure-themed indoor park and has a lot of attractions including kiddie trains, carousel, skating rink, fountains, candy stores, souvenir shops  and rides for the brave ones. It also has restaurants and cosmetic shops aside from those in the mall before the entrance.   



carousel from Stairway to Heaven drama
    This carousel became famous after being seen in the Korean Drama, Stairway to Heaven. It was disappointing, though, that the painting that Han Tae Hwa painted for Han Jung Suh was already taken down. I was already planning on bragging about seeing it to my family and friends when I get back to Manila.
      The tripod that I squeezed into my bag came in handy when I saw this bench with an adorable background. I wanted to have a photo with my husband so set it up, getting in the way of the other guests (sorry about that).


Locked up!

     I thought we've seen all of it until my husband led me outside to Magic Island, the outdoor part of the park. I was speechless when I saw the castle. It's like I'm in Disneyland! I was taking pictures of it and my husband when my fingers suddenly felt numb. I forgot it was so cold that day. Inside the castle is a statue of a knight, some swords, shields and other knight paraphernalia. 

 

     We're not big fans of freaky rides so we passed on the Gyro Drop and Atlantis and took more pictures instead after we had some sausages. The shops, snack bars, restaurants and even the rest rooms outside are like buildings in England. It's like walking in England in the old ages. Nice touch!
     Since Pyeongtaek is a long way back, we tried to catch the train at around 7pm.  By 9, we're back in Jinsari. Ready for a big supper at the nearby sundaekuk shop and a good night's sleep. For tomorrow, it's gonna be Everland Day!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting there:


Subway - Jamsil Station (line 2 or 8), exit 4. Lotte World is connected to the station.



Operating Hours:



9:30am- 11:00pm


Admission Fees:


Day-Pass Ticket (includes admission fees)
     Adults: 40,000 Won     Youths: 35,000 Won     Children: 31,000 Won

Nighttime-Pass Ticket (includes admission fees after 4pm)
     Adults: 31,000 Won     Youths: 27,000 Won     Children: 23,000 Won


Admission Ticket
     Adults: 25,000 Won     Youths: 22,000 Won     Children: 19,000 Won

Nighttime Admission Ticket (admission after 4pm)
     Adults: 21,000 Won     Youths: 18,000 Won     Children: 15,000 Won

Admission after 7pm
     Adults: 14,500 Won     Youths: 12,500 Won     Children: 10,500 Won








No comments:

Post a Comment